The Student Room Group

I want to quit school

I'm currently facing a dilemma and seeking advice, that is the only reason why I am on here on TSR. About a month ago, I stumbled upon a cryptocurrency investment opportunity and hesitantly invested $500. To my pleasant surprise, it has been very profitable, and I recently withdrew $2000 from my $7000 profit. Now, I'm feeling conflicted because I'm considering quitting school to pursue cryptocurrency investment as a full-time endeavor. However, I'm unsure if it's a wise decision. I would appreciate your candid advice on this matter.
Same bro. And I’m not even at school
It would be unwise, akin to winning some money on the dogs and planning to becoming a full time gambler off the back of it.
Original post by thebestever
I'm currently facing a dilemma and seeking advice, that is the only reason why I am on here on TSR. About a month ago, I stumbled upon a cryptocurrency investment opportunity and hesitantly invested $500. To my pleasant surprise, it has been very profitable, and I recently withdrew $2000 from my $7000 profit. Now, I'm feeling conflicted because I'm considering quitting school to pursue cryptocurrency investment as a full-time endeavor. However, I'm unsure if it's a wise decision. I would appreciate your candid advice on this matter.

I think cryptocurrency investments are legit enough but even though I don't think you should totally quit school, you could shuffle doing them both yunno
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Admit-One
It would be unwise, akin to winning some money on the dogs and planning to becoming a full time gambler off the back of it.

that's the thing, it's not actually gambling and crypto currency is trustworthy enough, don't you think so?
Original post by Faisal101
Same bro. And I’m not even at school

I love your courage, I wish to be as courageous as you are
I love your courage, I wish to be as courageous as you are

Faisal101 is a gap year applicant who is a medicine offer holder. This situation is different, Admit-Ones' analogy is spot on here:smile:
Original post by Admit-One

I tried that, had one really good season of champions league betting and made a good few grand then got it into my head that I knew what I was doing.

Betfair must still be laughing to this day...

it's not actually gambling and crypto currency is trustworthy enough, don't you think so?

No.
I've got some magic beans if you are interested?

Your education is far more important than any monetary gains. I know modern educations is riddled with flaws, but it's where you make connections and garner valuable experiences and friendships. Don't sink into the corruptive force of money. You will finish school at some point and then you can do whatever you want to do-but until then make the most of what school has to offer.
Original post by ajj2000

magic beans?
i thought crypto was already recognized and accepted world wide as legitimate?
magic beans?

Its part of the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. An older expression when someone talks about a dozy investment is to ask whether they would like to buy some tulip bulbs. Its worth googling the tulip mania to see just how crazy things can get.
i thought crypto was already recognized and accepted world wide as legitimate?

So is money? look how many crimes and frauds and ripoffs happen with THAT? (Vast majority of places don't accept crypto as payment still right?, if you'd believed things a few years ago we should have BTC cash points and accepting stores on every street by now.

Not saying you can't make money out of it but it's all kinda out of your control and you need to balance it with the staggering losses people also hit while gambling with it. In fairness I dabbled with it briefly and made money overall, but don't fancy it for holding serious money.
Original post by ajj2000

Gimme the 🅱️EANS

take out the rest of your money. Cryptocurrencies are often a pump and dump scheme, or a pyramid, so take your profits out while you can. Stay in school, because it gives u a lot more choice and can widen ur networks and opportunities. At university, you may meet someone else who's into crypto or speak to a professor interested and u can learn a lot more than skulking around on ur own
Fr tho crypto is not great and you are unlikely to be the next Mr.Beast

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending