The Student Room Group

how do i tackle being a virgin(mid-20s)?

Hi guys,
basically im still a virgin at 24. ive heard and seen alot of negative outcomes instead of positive ones from virgins within my friends and family circle. idk if its cos people presume im a stuck-up b**ch and prestige since i always have a RBF hence guys just befriend me for advice-like what to buy their GFs or should i wear this etc.. or they pester me to try sleep with them. im just not comfortable with how i get approached by some of these guys and so i just end up blocking them when they keep pushing me for pics or to 'link-up'. or i just walk past these type of guys and theyll just whistle and catcall. when im with my group of girl-firends some of them will flip the guys off or swear at them i dont even bother with that! but when im walking with my group of boy-friends(FOR CLARIFICATION I MEAN FRIENDS WHO ARE BOYS) they treat me like a sister and are protective of me when we all hang out or go out to party (AS IN ALL OF US GIRLS AND GUYS). i do get approached when we go out and usually my friends will say sorry shes not interested and pull me away or one of my guy friends will place their arm around my shouders and just take us to a table. i do get asked by my friends are you seeing someone or talking to someone i sometimes just lie and say yes but it didnt work out cos im too embarrassed to say im stlll a virgin and inexperienced. some of my girlfriends have tried setting me up but i just tell them no im not interested or that im 'in the talking phase' with someone already....
My worry is will i be looked down upon for being a virgin? like is it bad to be a virgin for this long? and is there something i should be doing abt this or is it normal to be a virgin even in mid20s?

please send advice my way so i can keep my sanity, thanks a ton!! :smile:
I would suggest you check out the Still a Virgin in Your Twenties? Some Advice... thread pinned to the top of this board.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending