The Student Room Group

How to approach a girl in the library who’s with her friend?

Im currently in the library and I'm sitting a few tables away from this really cute girl. We’ve looked at each other a few times but I have no idea if she’s into me. She’s also sat with her friend. How can I approach her and possibly ask for her number without being creepy? I’ve never done this before and im pretty socially awkward but this girl is the definition of ‘my type’. I’ve never seen her before and may not see her again (this is my final year at uni). Any suggestions?
Attachment not found
Maybe try smiling at her, and see how she responds?
I can’t see this attachment haha
Does the library have a copy of The Joy of Sex that you could carry past where they are sitting?
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Maybe try smiling at her, and see how she responds?

I’ve tried that, it’s difficult to judge the reaction. We’re only glimpsing at eachother every few minutes so it’s not enough to really gauge her reaction
Original post by Anonymous
I can’t see this attachment haha

It says "you may fascinate a woman by giving here a piece of cheese."

This is why you should always carry some emergency Babybel
I’ve tried that, it’s difficult to judge the reaction. We’re only glimpsing at eachother every few minutes so it’s not enough to really gauge her reaction

If she likes you, chances are she'll smile back (even if it's a coy, shy type smile) . If she was into you, she would look at you for a split second longer than natural (it's very subtle, but you'd notice it).

If it's very short but frequent glimpses, it's normally a sign that she's suspicious of your attention (e.g. "Why is this guy looking at me?"). Bear in mind, most people go to libraries to read, study etc... they're not really in the mindset to get hit on.

Having said that, it's possible to get distracted lol.
Ask what sort of books do they enjoy the most? Are they keeping warm inside because today's weather is constant wind and rain? :elmo:
Original post by noggins
Ask what sort of books do they enjoy the most? Are they keeping warm inside because today's weather is constant wind and rain? :elmo:

It looks like she’s studying with a friend. I don’t want to interrupt her but I was thinking of approaching when she’s having a break and when I’m about to leave?
It looks like she’s studying with a friend. I don’t want to interrupt her but I was thinking of approaching when she’s having a break and when I’m about to leave?

Good plan. Make sure you’ve thought of something to say, so you aren't just awkwardly standing in front of her
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Good plan. Make sure you’ve thought of something to say, so you aren't just awkwardly standing in front of her

Any suggestions? I’m terrible with this sort of thing
Any suggestions? I’m terrible with this sort of thing

Yeah me too. I'm sort of dying inside trying to think of suggestions cos they all sound bad. Hopefully someone wiser and less awkward than me might have some ideas
Did you lead them round the back of the library for a bonking session, or were you locked-in over night? :rofl2:
What happened in the end? :confused:
Original post by noggins
Did you lead them round the back of the library for a bonking session, or were you locked-in over night? :rofl2:
What happened in the end? :confused:

Well the fact that the OP hasn't updated us with a James bond style finale, suggests that it either didn't happen or not quite as well as he'd hoped.

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
‘Hey, I have an account on www.thestudentroom.co.uk...’
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Well the fact that the OP hasn't updated us with a James bond style finale, suggests that it either didn't happen or not quite as well as he'd hoped.

Spoiler

I fumbled the bag. She left while I had my head down working and I didn't notice :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending