The Student Room Group

How to stop being nice to my abusive mom?

My mom has a very nasty attitude. She has no heart at all. Whenever she’s miserable she takes her anger out on people and will make sure they feel bad too. My moms mom died a year ago and now her friend died last week. I feel very bad for her and I try to be there for her but my mom is very rotten to me. My mom has no friends of her own and loves to depend on me to hang out with. I love my mom but I would never befriend people like her who walked all over me. It’s hard taking the mental abuse. My mom is ghetto and bitter that’s the perfect way to describe her and I always feel bad when all she does is take her anger out on me please help?she’s always being fake talking about me behind my back to family. Saying nasty things to me. But when she’s lonely and needs company she’s always sucking up to me and kissing my butt. I really wish my mom had friends! I would be so happy lol How to run and not care? It’s irritating for someone who doesn’t like you but there constantly bothering you. She should get a group of friends and hang out with them instead to more of her liking
Original post by Anonymous
My mom has a very nasty attitude. She has no heart at all. Whenever she’s miserable she takes her anger out on people and will make sure they feel bad too. My moms mom died a year ago and now her friend died last week. I feel very bad for her and I try to be there for her but my mom is very rotten to me. My mom has no friends of her own and loves to depend on me to hang out with. I love my mom but I would never befriend people like her who walked all over me. It’s hard taking the mental abuse. My mom is ghetto and bitter that’s the perfect way to describe her and I always feel bad when all she does is take her anger out on me please help?she’s always being fake talking about me behind my back to family. Saying nasty things to me. But when she’s lonely and needs company she’s always sucking up to me and kissing my butt. I really wish my mom had friends! I would be so happy lol How to run and not care? It’s irritating for someone who doesn’t like you but there constantly bothering you. She should get a group of friends and hang out with them instead to more of her liking

I'm so sorry to hear that you're grappling with this predicament with your mother. It appears to be causing you a significant amount of anguish and tension. It's imperative to acknowledge that you are not accountable for your mother's conduct, and that her actions do not indicate your worth or significance as an individual.

It's understandable that you would like your mother to cultivate friendships and a supportive network, but ultimately, the choice rests with her. You can urge her to participate in groups or clubs that match her interests, but you cannot coerce her into forming relationships or modifying her behavior.

Regarding dealing with your mother's hostility towards you, it's vital to establish boundaries and express your sentiments assertively. Inform her how her actions affect you and what you would prefer to see change. If she continues to be abusive or disrespectful, it might be necessary to restrict your interactions with her or seek assistance from a therapist or counselor.

Remember that you are entitled to kindness and respect, and it's acceptable to distance yourself from toxic relationships, even if they involve a family member. Take care of yourself, and prioritize your mental health and well-being.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending