The Student Room Group

Student Finance - student bank accounts

Hi,
I haven’t really been told much about student bank accounts. I know of them and about them, but I’m just wondering if I apply for one before submitting my student finance application, and then putting that student account details in my application for bank details? Or do I just put my current bank account details in my application for now, and apply for a student account after?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by hilife
Hi,
I haven’t really been told much about student bank accounts. I know of them and about them, but I’m just wondering if I apply for one before submitting my student finance application, and then putting that student account details in my application for bank details? Or do I just put my current bank account details in my application for now, and apply for a student account after?
Thanks in advance :smile:

You don't need a student bank account to apply for funding. If you wish to apply for this this is totally up to yourself. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
You don't need a student bank account to apply for funding. If you wish to apply for this this is totally up to yourself. Thanks, Karen

okay thanks so much!!
if i do want to use a student account for my loans to go into, then do i apply for a student bank account now and use those bank details for the student finance application, or apply later for the student account and just put my current account details for now on the student finance application?
Original post by hilife
okay thanks so much!!
if i do want to use a student account for my loans to go into, then do i apply for a student bank account now and use those bank details for the student finance application, or apply later for the student account and just put my current account details for now on the student finance application?

It's not usually possible to open a student bank account until you have your results to confirm your place at university. It is possible if you have a confirmation letter for an unconditional offer. You don't have to fill in the bank account details on the student finance application, you can leave it until your bank account is set up.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
It's not usually possible to open a student bank account until you have your results to confirm your place at university. It is possible if you have a confirmation letter for an unconditional offer. You don't have to fill in the bank account details on the student finance application, you can leave it until your bank account is set up.

ahhh okay, got it!!
thanks so much for the help!! :smile:
Original post by hilife
ahhh okay, got it!!
thanks so much for the help!! :smile:

If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending