The Student Room Group

Changing from UG loan to PG loan

Hi

I currently have second-degree funding for a BSc Combined STEM degree with the OU. I have a previous degree in Occupational Therapy. After completing my first year, my confidence in my study skills has increased and I have decided I am now ready to undertake an MSc with the OU instead.

What should I do about stopping my current UG funding and applying for PG funding? Will I have any issues that prevent me from getting funding for an MSc because I stopped the UG funding early?

Thanks
Jo
Original post by Fezzi72
Hi

I currently have second-degree funding for a BSc Combined STEM degree with the OU. I have a previous degree in Occupational Therapy. After completing my first year, my confidence in my study skills has increased and I have decided I am now ready to undertake an MSc with the OU instead.

What should I do about stopping my current UG funding and applying for PG funding? Will I have any issues that prevent me from getting funding for an MSc because I stopped the UG funding early?

Thanks
Jo

Hi Jo, what university and course are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Hello Karen

A part-time MSc Psychology (Conversion), still with the OU.
Original post by Fezzi72
Hello Karen

A part-time MSc Psychology (Conversion), still with the OU.

When does the course start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Starting in September 2023
Original post by Fezzi72
Starting in September 2023

Our Postgraduate Loan applications don't launch until Summer. Once they have launched you will be able to submit an application for the team to review. If you are withdrawing from your current course your university would be required to send us a withdrawal notification to advise us of this for the team to review. I would advise to request this to be sent as soon as possible for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Reply 6
Ok, thanks for your advice
Original post by Fezzi72
Ok, thanks for your advice

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending