The Student Room Group

Ghosted and blocked?

I'll try and summarise this quickly,
Met a boy on hinge the same day we started speaking, replies were great and quick. He was interested in my art work so jokingly I said if you come over I'll show you how to paint and he actually said he wanted to. We were both free that day so he came and he really wanted to do art so we did. He gave me his Snapchat, instagram and even his phone number too.

Unexpectedly he then started kissing me which I engaged in back. I asked him if this was his intention all long and he said he just really liked how I came across in person and therefore couldn't help himself. We've then ended up doing the deed 3 times and he was in no rush to leave as he wanted to watch a 2.5 hour movie too. Next day comes he's asked me for lunch after work. I said yes but later cancelled because I had gotten tonsillitis (which I'm certain was from him as his mouth tasted like sour milk). Anyway he's then left me on delivered for 12 hours which led to the morning the day after and then I finally got a reply from him. That whole day his replies were so slow. Next day comes they are even slower so I thought maybe he was busy but he was active on other socials e.g. instagram and whatsapp. I've then found out he has 2 Snapchats so I was on the 2nd one which is clearly for hookups. I then messaged him again after being on delivered for 8 hours and said "oh (name) I have found out you have been a very naughty boy and you need to be punished" (he likes dominatrix stuff) he then replied like an hour later but I was upset by something else so when I seen his reply which showed me he was interested in me punishing him I just blocked his instagram and Snapchat and deleted his number.

I can't lie I did catch feelings. I have no issue if he wanted to be friends with benefits but him giving me his number and asking me out for lunch made me thing it would be something more but I just don't appreciate how one minute he's giving fast replies and then next minutes they're awful.

I haven't unmatched him off hinge yet 🤦🏾*♀️ should I tell him why I blocked him or just keep it moving and never speak to him again even though we got on so well? Should I just be fwb? I don't know what to do
Reply 1
If you are okay with just being friends with benefit, you can’t expect him to reply to you quickly. If you are able to be okay with this ‘no-expectations’ situation then go for it, but it seems like this can’t be possible as you’re already getting worked up over him not responding to you faster enough. It is really up to what you’re comfortable with.
Original post by Kschu
If you are okay with just being friends with benefit, you can’t expect him to reply to you quickly. If you are able to be okay with this ‘no-expectations’ situation then go for it, but it seems like this can’t be possible as you’re already getting worked up over him not responding to you faster enough. It is really up to what you’re comfortable with.

That's very true, I think I just hold guys to a high standard which by now I should know is a mistake.

I would be fine being friend's with benefits but I definitely can't handle the lack of communication so maybe it's just best to get over him and find a way to deal with my heartbreak lol😭😭
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I definitely can't handle the lack of communication

And how much communication was there before you had sex? You barely got to know this guy, never discussed either of your intentions for a relationship, so no surprise things have got messy.

Next time, whether it's this or another guy, have a proper conversation with them!
(edited 1 year ago)
I'll try and summarise this quickly,
Met a boy on hinge the same day we started speaking, replies were great and quick. He was interested in my art work so jokingly I said if you come over I'll show you how to paint and he actually said he wanted to. We were both free that day so he came and he really wanted to do art so we did. He gave me his Snapchat, instagram and even his phone number too.

Unexpectedly he then started kissing me which I engaged in back. I asked him if this was his intention all long and he said he just really liked how I came across in person and therefore couldn't help himself. We've then ended up doing the deed 3 times and he was in no rush to leave as he wanted to watch a 2.5 hour movie too. Next day comes he's asked me for lunch after work. I said yes but later cancelled because I had gotten tonsillitis (which I'm certain was from him as his mouth tasted like sour milk). Anyway he's then left me on delivered for 12 hours which led to the morning the day after and then I finally got a reply from him. That whole day his replies were so slow. Next day comes they are even slower so I thought maybe he was busy but he was active on other socials e.g. instagram and whatsapp. I've then found out he has 2 Snapchats so I was on the 2nd one which is clearly for hookups. I then messaged him again after being on delivered for 8 hours and said "oh (name) I have found out you have been a very naughty boy and you need to be punished" (he likes dominatrix stuff) he then replied like an hour later but I was upset by something else so when I seen his reply which showed me he was interested in me punishing him I just blocked his instagram and Snapchat and deleted his number.

I can't lie I did catch feelings. I have no issue if he wanted to be friends with benefits but him giving me his number and asking me out for lunch made me thing it would be something more but I just don't appreciate how one minute he's giving fast replies and then next minutes they're awful.

I haven't unmatched him off hinge yet 🤦🏾*♀️ should I tell him why I blocked him or just keep it moving and never speak to him again even though we got on so well? Should I just be fwb? I don't know what to do

He just wanted sex
Original post by Surnia
And how much communication was there before you had sex? You barely got to know this guy, never discussed either of your intentions for a relationship, so no surprise things have got messy.

Next time, whether it's this or another guy, have a proper conversation with them!

We spoke from 11am until just before 7pm before he came over. I absolutely agree, there definitely should of been more communication. After having the day to cry I actually realised I don't even like him, i wasnt even attracted to him when i seen him. I just enjoyed the sex which was just more passionate and exciting then the sex I had with my ex of 3 years. I think I was mourning that rather than the thought of having him.
Original post by Miss Paige
He just wanted sex

100% agree. I guess I can be happy at the fact that it was good sex at least
Do you think he might have gotten upset because you cancelled the lunch and thats why his attitude changed? Just a thought.
Do you think he might have gotten upset because you cancelled the lunch and thats why his attitude changed? Just a thought.

Ahh I didn't think of it that way. Potentially, the slow replies only started once I had said why I had to cancel but I did let him know I was feeling much better but he left me on delivered for like 16 hours so he could of rescheduled but he didn't say anything. But I was giving him fast replies so surely he shouldn't think that I was not interested in him and I did ask to see him again and he said he was busy and didn't even say anything like "I'm free tomorrow though"
Ahh I didn't think of it that way. Potentially, the slow replies only started once I had said why I had to cancel but I did let him know I was feeling much better but he left me on delivered for like 16 hours so he could of rescheduled but he didn't say anything. But I was giving him fast replies so surely he shouldn't think that I was not interested in him and I did ask to see him again and he said he was busy and didn't even say anything like "I'm free tomorrow though"

He might be quite sensitive. I admit if I was in his position I'd think you weren't interested if you cancelled, although I wouldn't have handled it like he did. Perhaps you should ask him about it?
Original post by Doomotron
He might be quite sensitive. I admit if I was in his position I'd think you weren't interested if you cancelled, although I wouldn't have handled it like he did. Perhaps you should ask him about it?

Potentially but I don't like how he went about it. Maybe I ruined something that could of been then by cancelling but i did make the effort to rearrange and I got nothing back so I'm going to just day I dodged a bullet. Plenty of fish in the see right!
What was the other thing that upset you that triggered you to block him in the first place?
What was the other thing that upset you that triggered you to block him in the first place?

My ex lol, he had randomly just contacted me which had placed me in a bad mood

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending