The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application & Parent's redundancy

Should I take into account a one off redundancy payment as part of my annual income for my son's student loan? Many thanks
Original post by LOF1966
Should I take into account a one off redundancy payment as part of my annual income for my son's student loan? Many thanks

Hi there, what academic year is the student applying for? What tax year was the redundancy payment received? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what academic year is the student applying for? What tax year was the redundancy payment received? Thanks, Karen

Hi there, we are applying for 23/24. I have already completed my part but my husband was made redundant August 22 with a one off payment. He now does not work, do we need to include his redundancy payment as part of his application please? Many thanks, Louise
Original post by LOF1966
Hi there, we are applying for 23/24. I have already completed my part but my husband was made redundant August 22 with a one off payment. He now does not work, do we need to include his redundancy payment as part of his application please? Many thanks, Louise

This would fall under the 22/23 tax year. For the 23/24 academic year we require 21/22 tax year figures so this wouldn't be included till 24/25. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
This would fall under the 22/23 tax year. For the 23/24 academic year we require 21/22 tax year figures so this wouldn't be included till 24/25. Thanks, Karen

Thank you for your help. Quite confusing - we may be back next year! Best wishes Louise
Original post by LOF1966
Thank you for your help. Quite confusing - we may be back next year! Best wishes Louise

You're welcome. If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending