The Student Room Group

Is freindships between the opposite genders prohibited in Islam?

I'm a male, and almost all of my close freinds and normal freinds are females, I struggle to find a freind the same as my gender and I don't remember succeeding in having a close freind that's my gender, now I have heard that freindship between the opposite genders is prohibited in Islam which means I have to drop all of my freinds, so I wonder if freindship between the opposite genders is prohibited or discouraged? And why? And provide proof to your anwser. Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a male, and almost all of my close freinds and normal freinds are females, I struggle to find a freind the same as my gender and I don't remember succeeding in having a close freind that's my gender, now I have heard that freindship between the opposite genders is prohibited in Islam which means I have to drop all of my freinds, so I wonder if freindship between the opposite genders is prohibited or discouraged? And why? And provide proof to your anwser. Thanks

Never get your advice from a random board where there are no scholars or people of knowledge because their feedback is based on assumptions or just lies, rarely is it the truth. Follow the scholars, or go on a website called IslamQA.
This place is one of the worst to get advice because your responses are usually not from muslims but from people who are non-muslims.
Never get your advice from a random board where there are no scholars or people of knowledge because their feedback is based on assumptions or just lies, rarely is it the truth. Follow the scholars, or go on a website called IslamQA.
This place is one of the worst to get advice because your responses are usually not from muslims but from people who are non-muslims.

Thanks, I will try
But, is there a way I can close this discussion or something? Or make it so people can't anwser it?
But, is there a way I can close this discussion or something? Or make it so people can't anwser it?

I can ask for the thread to be closed if you'd rather not receive any more replies?
I would halal it
Original post by Admit-One
I can ask for the thread to be closed if you'd rather not receive any more replies?

I would halal it

What do you mean?
Original post by Admit-One

I'll think about it
What do you mean?

Halal , allow
Halal , allow

You said you would say that "you would make it permissible"?
Reply 10
What does Koran say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending