The Student Room Group

I believe I will fail my a levels and I don’t know what to dk

I picked physics maths and chemistry but in my first year of college I began dealing with a lot and had a lot of absences, I would leave all my exams blank and so kept scoring very low. In my second year I tried picking myself up and started focusing on maths and ended up finishing year 12 maths. But when I realised I’m still failing chem and physics I tried revising. I ended up having to deal with a lot in my second year and kept getting distracted. It's now April and there’s only 12 days left of April. My first physics exam is in may. I know some of the content but a small amount and I can’t do exam practise because I don’t know all of the content. Idk what to do, my head hurts from trying to do 7 hours of revision a day and I just can’t take it. What do I do?? Do I give up? Do I keep trying or give myself some peace and give up
(edited 1 year ago)
keep going! if you're able to take a gap year and resit your exams next year that could be an option, but right now trying to do past papers and learning from the mark schemes as well as watching Youtube videos that get through a lot of content could be helpful. do your best and don't be afraid to ask people around you for help.
Original post by Inonimatestudent
I picked physics maths and chemistry but in my first year of college I began dealing with a lot and had a lot of absences, I would leave all my exams blank and so kept scoring very low. In my second year I tried picking myself up and started focusing on maths and ended up finishing year 12 maths. But when I realised I’m still failing chem and physics I tried revising. I ended up having to deal with a lot in my second year and kept getting distracted. It's now April and there’s only 12 days left of April. My first physics exam is in may. I know some of the content but a small amount and I can’t do exam practise because I don’t know all of the content. Idk what to do, my head hurts from trying to do 7 hours of revision a day and I just can’t take it. What do I do?? Do I give up? Do I keep trying or give myself some peace and give up

7 hours of revision is overkill, I'm doing 3 hours or so revision every day.

Much better to have 4 hours revision but you don't burn out, and the revision is high-quality, than 7 hours but low-quality revision
Original post by Inonimatestudent

Heya!
The best thing you can do right now is to try your best :h: Doing past papers and going through the mark schemes would be your best options. You can redo your alvls by taking a gap year as well as an option later on. If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources from revision notes to practice questions.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest