The Student Room Group

University cannot provide 'Highly likely to pass' letter

Hi all.

I've been asked to provide a letter evidencing that I am 'Highly Likely to Pass' my current course. This is because I cannot provide my final results prior to the start of the Master's I've applied for due to their releasing one month later.

I emailed my provider asking if they could at least show any evidence of predictions, but they say this cannot be provided either.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do in this scenario? A next best thing, perhaps?

Thanks
Original post by LaCamorra
Hi all.

I've been asked to provide a letter evidencing that I am 'Highly Likely to Pass' my current course. This is because I cannot provide my final results prior to the start of the Master's I've applied for due to their releasing one month later.

I emailed my provider asking if they could at least show any evidence of predictions, but they say this cannot be provided either.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do in this scenario? A next best thing, perhaps?

Thanks

Hi @LaCamorra :biggrin: Have you gotten back in touch with the uni where you've applied to study your Master's to explain you're not able to obtain this?

Some other things to consider would be perhaps requesting an academic reference that specifically acknowledges your situation and collect your transcript info from previous years of study to show consistent passes. Have you handed in any coursework so far this year that you could provide grades and evidence for?

I'd say the best next step is to explain the situation to your prospective Master's uni and ask if there's any alternative evidence you could gather for them.

Good luck!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
I agree, forward the response from your current uni to the incoming one. They may be willing to provisionally enrol you, pending receipt of your degree docs.
Reply 3
Thank you for your reply.

The messaging system at the prospective uni is very slow but I have sent a follow-up email to explain this. The course I am on is just shy of one year (BTC/BPTC) and all but two exams have been completed. In my view, there exists enough information on my academics to fulfil that request.

Currently in the process of tracking down my personal tutor to provide a reference.

Will keep you updated!
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hi @LaCamorra :biggrin: Have you gotten back in touch with the uni where you've applied to study your Master's to explain you're not able to obtain this?

Some other things to consider would be perhaps requesting an academic reference that specifically acknowledges your situation and collect your transcript info from previous years of study to show consistent passes. Have you handed in any coursework so far this year that you could provide grades and evidence for?

I'd say the best next step is to explain the situation to your prospective Master's uni and ask if there's any alternative evidence you could gather for them.

Good luck!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending