The Student Room Group

Why am I not getting matches on any of the dating apps?

I am a 22 year old guy who has been using tinder, bumble and hinge since June or July 2022 but pretty much no matches at all on tinder and bumble and only 15 matches on Hinge. I live in the city Bangalore in India btw. I use the free version because I am still a student and don't have my own money so can't pay for the premium versions. Almost all my matches on Hinge ended up ghosting and unmatching me or giing 1-3 words replies or super slow replies. I did try to ask out one girl last month but she too unmatched me after I tried asking her out. Its been almost a month and didn't get any matches even on Hinge for almost a month. Idk I comment on the girls prompts and pics and ask them questions like whether they are a tea lover or a coffee lover or ask them whether they prefer Starbucks or Rasta Cafe or just ask them their favorite genre of music but still none of them match with me. Why is it happening like this? Can someone explain me?
Dating apps don't work for men. Unless you're a celebrity or super good looking.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kwame88
Dating apps don't work for men. Unless you're a celebrity or super good looking.

This is(Mostly) correct. 80% of men are invisible on dating apps and I wouldn't recommend using them at all. Meet someone in real life.

The fact that you live in India in Bangalore is also a hugely limited dating pool. A lot of people are looking to get married. You might want to try a matchmaking service. Bangalore has tons of them.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
This is(Mostly) correct. 80% of men are invisible on dating apps and I wouldn't recommend using them at all. Meet someone in real life.

The fact that you live in India in Bangalore is also a hugely limited dating pool. A lot of people are looking to get married. You might want to try a matchmaking service. Bangalore has tons of them.

Dude I don't wanna get married. I am just 22 and still a student. I just wanna date around casually. I never even had a girlfriend before. I live in a big city and there are plenty of girls on dating apps from my city. How can you say me to get married? Are you ignorant? 22 is still quite young to get married especially for a man.
Reply 4
Do you have enough pictures on? Maybe you could make your profile more interesting somehow? Also being completely honest, if a guy was asking me what kind of tea or coffee I like, I’d be turned off. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending