The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-Registration) - Looking for advice

Hi everyone, I am currently finishing my first year in Sport and Exercise Science. I am thoroughly enjoying my degree, however, I am beginning to consider my pathway after graduating.

While some of the jobs in Sport Science sound amazing, the job market is extremely competitive and requires a lot of experience before you can get big roles with top level football clubs, etc.

While still early, I have been much interested in doing physiotherapy as a career and see the job market as a fantastic opportunity to get involved within. I am very keen on biology and anatomy, and feel as if this could be the right career path for me.

I have recently been researching MSc courses for Physio and was pleased to find that I could take on an accelerated degree over 2 years if I can get a 2:1 (sometimes 2:2 or sometimes even a 1st) in my Sport and Exercise Science degree.

I want to try and gain the upper hand when applying to this course after graduating as I have read that it can very competitive, therefore want to start early in gaining shadowing experience, etc. to further enhance my understanding in this area. I was wondering if anyone has also benefitted from this degree and could give me an insight into the course, the application process and the career pathways.

Thank you in advance for any advice given!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending