The Student Room Group

Student Finance specific to the open university

I started my part time studies in Feb 2023 and the first module runs through to Sept 2023 and this was assessed under the 22/23 application period.

My next module is due to start October 2023 and run through to June 2024 and am I right in saying this falls under the 23/24 period, so when part time applications open again in May/June I have to renew my finance online?

Thanks
Original post by Mark_.
I started my part time studies in Feb 2023 and the first module runs through to Sept 2023 and this was assessed under the 22/23 application period.

My next module is due to start October 2023 and run through to June 2024 and am I right in saying this falls under the 23/24 period, so when part time applications open again in May/June I have to renew my finance online?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Yes, that's right, when the part-time applications open this Summer you just need to re-apply online and this will cover you for the 23/24 year.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
@Graeme SFE

I’m still confused as the OU said this…

“The February 2023 funding year runs from Jan-Dec 2023. As October falls within this, you can use the same loan.

When you do stage 2 which begins October 2024, you will need to make a 24/45 continuing application.”

They obviously have it wrong according to your reply?

I was awarded my loan/grant based on starting my first module Feb 2023 which is 60 credits.

So I was only awarded my tuition fee loan based on the one module.

So I must have to reapply in the 23/24 application period because as you say above?
Original post by Mark_.
@Graeme SFE

I’m still confused as the OU said this…

“The February 2023 funding year runs from Jan-Dec 2023. As October falls within this, you can use the same loan.

When you do stage 2 which begins October 2024, you will need to make a 24/45 continuing application.”

They obviously have it wrong according to your reply?

I was awarded my loan/grant based on starting my first module Feb 2023 which is 60 credits.

So I was only awarded my tuition fee loan based on the one module.

So I must have to reapply in the 23/24 application period because as you say above?

Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat and the team can check this for you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending