The Student Room Group

What subjects/courses should I consider at uni?

I'm studying a UAL diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology, but I'm honestly getting bored of the pure focus on practicality as I want more academic work.

I've always been a creative person and I'm achieving highly in the diploma but I don't want to solely do creative practical work (i.e. Fine Art or Graphic Design) - but I'm nervous because this is the content of the course and it isn't a BTEC or A Level that I'm limited to this.

I have no clue what subjects to study in a course at uni. I'm fairly interested in geography or culture but I wouldn't quite know how to study a degree with some academic work relevant to that interest, combined with practical artwork without a Russell Group uni - which with a different qualification, I'd never get into.

Any advice?
Architecture?
Original post by ajj2000
Architecture?

It's an option - but would I require much maths as I am not the greatest xD and then also, would that lock me in for architecture? like, i want a degree that has a load of different career options, but maybe i'm setting too many requirements here
Original post by throwaway1049586
It's an option - but would I require much maths as I am not the greatest xD and then also, would that lock me in for architecture? like, i want a degree that has a load of different career options, but maybe i'm setting too many requirements here

Do you have gcse maths? I think there are plenty of universities which don’t require a level maths but worth checking.
Original post by ajj2000
Do you have gcse maths? I think there are plenty of universities which don’t require a level maths but worth checking.

Yeah, at a 7, just didn't like it much haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending