The Student Room Group

Nursing assignments

I have failed several assessments during my nursing degree. I’ve managed to resit them and gain a pass. I now feel very deflated and incompetent because I’m only just scraping by. I struggle finding motivation and seeking help. Does it matter if I finish with a third classification degree for a job as a nurse and will it hinder my chances of progressing in the field?
Original post by Malenurse23
I have failed several assessments during my nursing degree. I’ve managed to resit them and gain a pass. I now feel very deflated and incompetent because I’m only just scraping by. I struggle finding motivation and seeking help. Does it matter if I finish with a third classification degree for a job as a nurse and will it hinder my chances of progressing in the field?

The fact that you have resat the assessments and passed does show motivation, dedication and commitment.

It does not matter what degree classification you get...a degree is a degree, it should not hinder your future career. And although theory is so very important, what is most important as a nurse is having the right values to care for people and have the ability to deliver safe and effective care....lower scores in essays do not mean you are not kind, compassionate and empathetic and that is what will make you shine in your career.

I am not sure how long you have left to study but you can turn this around by seeking support through your Personal Academic Tutor (or your Universities equivalent) there is so much support available at every university and although it is hard to ask for help, it may make her/him feel better just by talking it through with someone.

Hope this helps!

- Luke
Original post by CCCUOfficial
The fact that you have resat the assessments and passed does show motivation, dedication and commitment.

It does not matter what degree classification you get...a degree is a degree, it should not hinder your future career. And although theory is so very important, what is most important as a nurse is having the right values to care for people and have the ability to deliver safe and effective care....lower scores in essays do not mean you are not kind, compassionate and empathetic and that is what will make you shine in your career.

I am not sure how long you have left to study but you can turn this around by seeking support through your Personal Academic Tutor (or your Universities equivalent) there is so much support available at every university and although it is hard to ask for help, it may make her/him feel better just by talking it through with someone.

Hope this helps!

- Luke

Thank you for this. You have made me feel better about my situation. I suppose I pick out the negatives but you’re right a degree is a degree ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending