The Student Room Group

He rejected me?

My male friend has refused a relationship with me. I met him when I began dating my ex who is one of his close friends. However, our relationship became LDR since 2021 but we were still together till August 2022 until I found out he was cheating on me with a local model in the Egypt.

I bullied him off instagram which led to him deleting his account and the new girlfriend also stopped posting. I also posted tons of stories and some photos with his friend/my friend.

I invited him to lunch and dinner so many times., at my house or restaurants. He came to picnics with me. We texted a lot, almost daily. I also invited him to my graduation party and actual ceremony as my plus one.
I invited him to my Syrian society event as well. He also took me to meet a few acquaintances and we met up for drinks, coffee etc.

He did offer support during my break up with my ex. However, he's still in touch with my ex and they do talk once in a while. We hooked up a few times too.

However, once I told him I liked him more than a friend, he became quite distant in his attitude. Earlier, he was always patting me on my shoulder, being friendly and helpful but his entire demeanor had changed once I mentioned. He also got really worked up when I tried to tell him that I liked him and wanted more.

He told me he's not ready, has viewed me as a friend, has a lot on his plate than a relationship and can't date me as he doesn't feel the same way. He got angry a few times too until I understood he had plenty of reasons to not be with me.

Why wont he get together with me , I can't understand???
Because he just saw you bully his friend off social media and doesn't want the same problems, obvious really?
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Because he just saw you bully his friend off social media and doesn't want the same problems, obvious really?

I didn't bully exactly. I just made it clear he cheated?
Original post by ElleRen
I didn't bully exactly. I just made it clear he cheated?

You said bullied, what am I supposed to think? You then say you posted tons of it, and by the sound of it, went out of your way to try and drive a wedge between them with pics/posts etc to try get some sort of reaction.

So there's quite a few red flags there for this guy not wanting more involved with you in some kind of messy and bitter friend losing thing.
Reply 4
I'm assuming because you're a handful.
🤣
Reply 5
Original post by xox416
I'm assuming because you're a handful.
🤣

What does that mean?
Reply 6
Original post by ElleRen
He got angry a few times too until I understood he had plenty of reasons to not be with me.

Why wont he get together with me , I can't understand???

Answered your own question; he has plenty of reasons not to be with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending