The Student Room Group

Uni exams and assignments

I am in my second year of uni and have been finding it difficult to complete assignments and exams, so If i failed most of them, would I be able to resit? I have passed one already but, what If most of them are failed? I attended Uclan. What is the way to go about this?
I need help asap!!
Original post by Anonymous
I am in my second year of uni and have been finding it difficult to complete assignments and exams, so If i failed most of them, would I be able to resit? I have passed one already but, what If most of them are failed? I attended Uclan. What is the way to go about this?

Hey!
The second year rule for most universities is that you get to resit once if you have not managed to get a passing average for the module.
I believe if you have not managed to pass the resit either, but have gotten a grade very close to the passing average, you can be condoned in certain circumstances. Otherwise, you may be asked to withdraw from the course.
I hope this helps and I hope you have done well in your exams!!
Vyomika
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey!
The second year rule for most universities is that you get to resit once if you have not managed to get a passing average for the module.
I believe if you have not managed to pass the resit either, but have gotten a grade very close to the passing average, you can be condoned in certain circumstances. Otherwise, you may be asked to withdraw from the course.
I hope this helps and I hope you have done well in your exams!!
Vyomika

So do you think I will have a chance of resisting if I don’t pass
Normally you will be offered the chance to resit failed modules over the summer. These will usually be capped at 40% unless you have Mit Circs / Extenutating Circs accepted across the board.

If you don't pass all or some you may be offered the chance to retake the 2nd year with capped grades unless you have MC/ECs.

Note though that UCLAN's regs say the following

G12.9 Approval of additional module attempts on all programmes shall be at the discretion of the appropriate Course
Assessment Board, which will not withhold such approval unless, in its academic judgement, the student lacks
any reasonable prospect of success in subsequent attempts. In the latter case, the student will be obliged to
withdraw from the programme, and any future re-admission will be at the discretion of the relevant Head of
School.

https://www.uclan.ac.uk/assets/student-contracts/2022-23/academic-regulations-2223.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending