The Student Room Group

Holiday cuts into first days of year 13?

Hi everyone my sister and I are booking a holiday for summer however prices are very expensive and the cheap dates are 29th august till the 5th of September. I will be in year 13 then and start on the 4th so would miss both days of school. Is it worth it? I aim to apply to Oxbridge too so there’s an early submission so would the first 2 days be very important or would they be almost days that I could miss and catch up on?
First day is fine because if you have any lessons at all it would just be like introduction etc which I’m sure a friend could just catch u up on. Nothing even related to uni would be sorted out even in the whole of ur 12 except work experience let alone the first day
Original post by Hailey629
Hi everyone my sister and I are booking a holiday for summer however prices are very expensive and the cheap dates are 29th august till the 5th of September. I will be in year 13 then and start on the 4th so would miss both days of school. Is it worth it? I aim to apply to Oxbridge too so there’s an early submission so would the first 2 days be very important or would they be almost days that I could miss and catch up on?

It's a silly idea - the school has to give permission and mine wouldn't. Leave it until after A levels ....
Original post by Muttley79
It's a silly idea - the school has to give permission and mine wouldn't. Leave it until after A levels ....

It’s one day she could just say she is ill
its 1 day, its really not the end of the world! the end of yr13 is stressfull, so i dont think missing two days at the beginning is a giant deal! you can always catch up later!
Reply 5
It’s just the first 2 days and usually they start the first as a half day. My school also doesn’t allow holidays none do I believe but I will just not go in. My friends always send me there lesson notes when I’m unable to make it and my friends also in year 13 said the first week they didn’t do anything important it was sort of a settling in period.
It’s just the first 2 days and usually they start the first as a half day. My school also doesn’t allow holidays none do I believe but I will just not go in. My friends always send me there lesson notes when I’m unable to make it and my friends also in year 13 said the first week they didn’t do anything important it was sort of a settling in period.

If your school don’t allow holidays and you knowingly break that rule then do you understand the potential penalties that they might apply to you?

Is there a chance that they will choose not to supply an early deadline ucas application?
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
If your school don’t allow holidays and you knowingly break that rule then do you understand the potential penalties that they might apply to you?

Is there a chance that they will choose not to supply an early deadline ucas application?

Yeah I don’t think they would do that however just to be safe we are going to book an earlier date holiday as I wouldn’t want to risk that.
Yeah I don’t think they would do that however just to be safe we are going to book an earlier date holiday as I wouldn’t want to risk that.

I think that’s sensible.

they’ll only have 30 working days before the UCAS early deadline to check your application and write and add your reference - it’s not a good plan to skip 2 of those days!

I hope you have a nice holiday:smile:
Original post by bloograpefroot
It’s one day she could just say she is ill

Two days and important ones - oue lessons start straight away after break on day one.

They are ying - teachers don't waste time in Year 13! I'd not be impressed if an Oxbridge candidate missed a lesson or a prep class for MAT/STEP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending