The Student Room Group

My friend forced a miscarriage

I just found out today that my friend purposely caused herself to have a miscarriage last year. We are both sophomores in high school, and we were talking about her upcoming plans with one of her male friends. Last year he got her pregnant. She decided to smoke, heavily drink, and even cause herself injuries until she miscarried. She is going to meet up with him, and have intercourse with him, she does not like using protection and does not plan to use it because she knows he has not been with anyone else. I know it is not my place to tell her what she can and can not do, but how do I tell her what she is doing is dangerous? She has purposely damaged her body to cause a miscarriage and that is very unhealthy, especially since she is only 16.
Reply 1
She is quite young so I can see why she would want to force a miscarriage but doing the same thing again knowing what might happen is probably not the best choice. Its her body and obviously its her choice what she wants to do to it but I think you should just let her know about your concerns and if she listens then its all well and good but if she doesn't then its not really your place to tell her what to do. If you're really worried you could tell this to someone she will listen to like maybe her parents or even the guy she is seeing
Original post by Eva^
I just found out today that my friend purposely caused herself to have a miscarriage last year. We are both sophomores in high school, and we were talking about her upcoming plans with one of her male friends. Last year he got her pregnant. She decided to smoke, heavily drink, and even cause herself injuries until she miscarried. She is going to meet up with him, and have intercourse with him, she does not like using protection and does not plan to use it because she knows he has not been with anyone else. I know it is not my place to tell her what she can and can not do, but how do I tell her what she is doing is dangerous? She has purposely damaged her body to cause a miscarriage and that is very unhealthy, especially since she is only 16.

She is playing a very dangerous game and could endanger her future fertility or even her life if she tries this again.Are you sure this is true as it is difficult to end a pregnancy on your own.She might end up having a disabled child as a result of her actions.Can she not have an implant fitted in her arm or a coil fitted.I would tell her you are worried about her and as a last resort I would threaten to tell her parents or report the boy.
Original post by Eva^

That is so messed up. She should use protection to avoid getting pregnant or use contraceptives. That foetus could feel pain, who knows? Not fair on the foetus for the mother to get pregnant if she doesnt want the baby.
(edited 1 year ago)
******** hell wtf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending