The Student Room Group

Do women judge a guy by the job he does?

As in does it make a whole lot of difference the job the guy does in terms of a girl admiring him/seeing him as datable?

Not really talking about part time student jobs here but more full time working jobs. So like if a guy works in a Supermarket, a Fast Food outlet or possibly a Rail Guard, Security Guard, or Bin Man, any Retail job, etc. How would any of those jobs be seen by women? Is there better or worse among them or not a lot of difference. Then compared to say more Managerial jobs, professional jobs and possibly small business owners, would a guy be seen as more better/datable if he did those?

Basing all this on the guy being an everyday looking guy, reasonable height, physique, hair etc.
Reply 1
As with all these types of questions, the answer is.....some do, some don't.

You're welcome :biggrin:
Original post by Surnia
As with all these types of questions, the answer is.....some do, some don't.

You're welcome :biggrin:

a perfect generic answer for a generic question :woo:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
I think when you start getting into your 20s and wanting to settle down and build a life with someone, more women will start caring.
Mibbie aye mibbie naw
I believe that most women looking to date or find a long term partner will form an impression of a potential date based at least partially on the job they do as well as the date/partner's appearance and future ambitions.
Some women do have dealbreakers that restrict their dating pools to guys of particular career backgrounds or educational achievements.
Reply 6
Yes and probably a bit more even than men judge women on this
Original post by londonmyst
I believe that most women looking to date or find a long term partner will form an impression of a potential date based at least partially on the job they do as well as the date/partner's appearance and future ambitions.
Some women do have dealbreakers that restrict their dating pools to guys of particular career backgrounds or educational achievements.

based as usual
prsom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending