The Student Room Group

A man exposed himself to me on the way back to uni halls

Was walking back from the pub and a man exposed himself in front of me, it scared me so I ran all the way back to my halls, would anyone else feel scared by this?
Original post by Anonymous
Was walking back from the pub and a man exposed himself in front of me, it scared me so I ran all the way back to my halls, would anyone else feel scared by this?

I trust you have reported this to the Police
Original post by Muttley79
I trust you have reported this to the Police

I did

Hi there

I'm sorry that you had experienced that, I can only imagine how scary that must have been. It's good that you have reported it to the police and I would also contact your uni about it as they may be able to do something about it if this has happened to other people aswell. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that anything will be done but I would highly recommend that you talk to someone about it if you feel that it is affecting you. You can either contact the wellbeing team at your uni or talk to your friends/family about how it has made you feel. It is perfectly reasonable to be feeling uncomfortable and scared and it is definitely better to talk to other people about it then bottle it up. Unfortunately you are not alone in experiencing events like these and it is definitely something that needs more awareness. Take care

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi there

I'm sorry that you had experienced that, I can only imagine how scary that must have been. It's good that you have reported it to the police and I would also contact your uni about it as they may be able to do something about it if this has happened to other people aswell. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that anything will be done but I would highly recommend that you talk to someone about it if you feel that it is affecting you. You can either contact the wellbeing team at your uni or talk to your friends/family about how it has made you feel. It is perfectly reasonable to be feeling uncomfortable and scared and it is definitely better to talk to other people about it then bottle it up. Unfortunately you are not alone in experiencing events like these and it is definitely something that needs more awareness. Take care

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Thank you

Hello

I hope you're well. I am really sorry this has happened to you! It is best to remove yourself from situations similar to that, so you definitely did the right thing. I would definitely feel really scared. I would ring someone and give my location to a trusted family member, just to be on the safe side of things.

I hope you're okay now

Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending