The Student Room Group

Am I being controlled?

I've decided not to talk to a long distant relative, because I don't know them and I honestly don't want any connection with them. They were never in my life.

They are always asking me for things and they will contact me every single day.

I feel like I'm being controlled by them because they would message me with one word like my name "Autumn" or "Darling" not putting anything else in the message.

I reply back because they sound sad and lonely. Then they would constantly ask me for things all the time and they don't sound sad anymore.

I feel like I'm being used.

They would also randomly call me on Whats app when I don't even have them in my contacts. I still don't know how they got my number

Are they controlling me?
Original post by Anonymous
I've decided not to talk to a long distant relative, because I don't know them and I honestly don't want any connection with them. They were never in my life.

They are always asking me for things and they will contact me every single day.

I feel like I'm being controlled by them because they would message me with one word like my name "Autumn" or "Darling" not putting anything else in the message.

I reply back because they sound sad and lonely. Then they would constantly ask me for things all the time and they don't sound sad anymore.

I feel like I'm being used.

They would also randomly call me on Whats app when I don't even have them in my contacts. I still don't know how they got my number

Are they controlling me?

Potentially. Just block their number. Problem solved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending