The Student Room Group

Placement Year Fees

My daughter has recently applied for Tuition Fees for her (paid work in the UK) Placement Year 23/24. The Uni information booklet stated these would be £1850. When went through the application the fees stated were over £5,000 so we filled in the box with what we believe to be the correct amount. We also ticked the..."if the fees are different change the amount of the loan". The University has since told my daughter that will mean the Tuition Fee Loan amount available for her for 2024/5 will now be set at £1850. I can't see how that could or would be the case but my daughter is now understandably in a tail spin! Can you advise?
Original post by Gemand1000
My daughter has recently applied for Tuition Fees for her (paid work in the UK) Placement Year 23/24. The Uni information booklet stated these would be £1850. When went through the application the fees stated were over £5,000 so we filled in the box with what we believe to be the correct amount. We also ticked the..."if the fees are different change the amount of the loan". The University has since told my daughter that will mean the Tuition Fee Loan amount available for her for 2024/5 will now be set at £1850. I can't see how that could or would be the case but my daughter is now understandably in a tail spin! Can you advise?

Hi there, I would advise to speak with the university to confirm the Tuition Fee Loan amount and how much this will be. If she needs to change her application she can do so on her online account. She can find out how to change this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending