The Student Room Group

SFE Placement Migrant Worker

Hi,

I am currently a pre-settled EU student who receives maintenance loan as a migrant worker. I was thinking of applying for a placement next year, but the one I want to apply for is with the NHS - and NHS placements do not offer a salary, therefore you basically work full time for free.

I was wondering whether I would qualify for the maintenance loan if I stopped working my current job and went on placement. I wouldn't have time to work two jobs as I would be full time working for the NHS. Would I still get maintenance loan even if my job role would not earn me any money?

Thanks!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by dragonluvr
Hi,

I am currently a pre-settled EU student who receives maintenance loan as a migrant worker. I was thinking of applying for a placement next year, but the one I want to apply for is with the NHS - and NHS placements do not offer a salary, therefore you basically work full time for free.

I was wondering whether I would qualify for the maintenance loan if I stopped working my current job and went on placement. I wouldn't have time to work two jobs as I would be full time working for the NHS. Would I still get maintenance loan even if my job role would not earn me any money?

Thanks!
Hi there,

When you're on a placement year it's not possible to be a Migrant Worker in that year, unfortunately.

You'll still be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan, rest assured: we'll get you to re-apply on a separate form for this.

So, if you end up doing the placement year let us know here and we can show you the correct form to complete.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending