The Student Room Group

Paramedic drink driving

Hello I’m a second year student paramedic who has been charged for drunk driving. Does anyone know a way I can manage to stay on my course and finish my degree instead of being kicked off. I know it was a stupid decision please no hate just want advice. Thanks
Original post by Amyk19
Hello I’m a second year student paramedic who has been charged for drunk driving. Does anyone know a way I can manage to stay on my course and finish my degree instead of being kicked off. I know it was a stupid decision please no hate just want advice. Thanks

Drink driving offences stay on your licence's driving record for 11 years. Even if you can continue your degree, you might not be able to find employment in the ambulance service if you have more than three points.

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/endorsement-codes-and-penalty-points
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
I’d encourage an open conversation with your tutor/head of course about this situation. It’s a serious, professional error of judgement that requires honesty/transparency to provide a solution. I hope it all works out for you and you learn from this period
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Drink driving offences stay on your licence's driving record for 11 years. Even if you can continue your degree, you might not be able to find employment in the ambulance service if you have more than three points.

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/endorsement-codes-and-penalty-points

I understand this however I really want a chance to stay on the course and then take a few years out as I’ve read after 5 years it will be possible to speak to them and persuade them giving your story to get a job :frown: crap mistake I know
Original post by Amyk19
I understand this however I really want a chance to stay on the course and then take a few years out as I’ve read after 5 years it will be possible to speak to them and persuade them giving your story to get a job :frown: crap mistake I know

The harsh truth is that near everyone caught for a serious life changing crime wants to avoid the consequences and go on as normal , but you have crossed a line.
Original post by Amyk19

you will be unemployable as an NQP if convicted , unsure other settings would want you either, even if the HCPC were to register you.

Quick Reply

Latest