The Student Room Group

Exam season routines

how do people stay calm the morning of exams and more specifically what is a good night and morning of routine?
Reply 1
I’ve been quite calm during the first exams surprisingly so I’ll tell you my routine ig. If you’ve revised the content really well , then I think the day before you should test yourself with a set of flashcards (your own, or online e.g PMT). You could also go through the contents page of a revision book for that subject just to make sure you’ve done everything. After that, then you should just take an hour to relax, if you have a science exam the next day, then you could watch some cognito videos to embed your knowledge and just treat it like a normal day.

On the other hand, if you haven’t revised and your stressing about that, then you shouldn’t be trying to cram every little thing, instead you should just strengthen your knowledge about core topics and you could also watch one of those “the whole of paper 1 in 1 hour videos”. I myself have not revised as much as I would’ve liked too but I’ve accepted the fact that I’ll not be getting grades as high as I would’ve expected as a year ago.

Overall, just remember that however much you’ve done so far is the best you could’ve done and don’t regret any lack of revision you’ve done :smile: just make sure you keep relaxed so that you can stay healthy , get to sleep early and don’t dwell on any past mistakes. If you get public transport then get the bus/train earlier than the usual just in case of any delays.

Anyways I’m wishing you good luck on your exams ! I’m sure you’ll do amazing ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest