The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Thinking of going into Prosthetics and Orthotics

Hi, im currently considering whether to take a prosthetics and orthotics bachelors degree at strathclyde and I was wondering if anyone who's done the course or is doing it can tell me more about the course and if its good and other bits of info.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by KiranP07
Hi, im currently considering whether to take a prosthetics and orthotics bachelors degree at strathclyde and I was wondering if anyone who's done the course or is doing it can tell me more about the course and if its good and other bits of info.

Hi @KiranP07 :biggrin: Glad to hear you're considering studying Prosthetics & Orthotics! Our team recently toured the department and it was so interesting - the clinic spaces and resources the students have are fantastic. One of the really beneficial things we learned about was the opportunity to work with patients from really early in the degree on campus. While you'll have clinical placements too, you get a lot of clinical experience and knowledge from really early on within the university as well.

We have a current Prosthetics & Orthotics student available on Unibuddy if you'd like to have a chat with a current student? Here's the link to their profile where you can start a chat.

Hope that helps a bit to help you start your research, but let me know if you've any other questions!

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hi @KiranP07 :biggrin: Glad to hear you're considering studying Prosthetics & Orthotics! Our team recently toured the department and it was so interesting - the clinic spaces and resources the students have are fantastic. One of the really beneficial things we learned about was the opportunity to work with patients from really early in the degree on campus. While you'll have clinical placements too, you get a lot of clinical experience and knowledge from really early on within the university as well.

We have a current Prosthetics & Orthotics student available on Unibuddy if you'd like to have a chat with a current student? Here's the link to their profile where you can start a chat.

Hope that helps a bit to help you start your research, but let me know if you've any other questions!

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Thanks for the reply! I'll message them now and find out more. Looking forward to hopefully coming in 2 years.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending