The Student Room Group

Student finance if one parent is living abroad

Hello, I am about to apply for student finance and want to know how will this process go if one parent is living abroad (Germany).

The parents are still married but do not live together. I live with my mom, she is in UK.

I have my dad's financial information, proof of address in his name, and contract of employment. I cannot prove that they do not live together though. Unless dad's proof of address is enough.

What kind of evidence will they ask for?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Ilie746
Hello, I am about to apply for student finance and want to know how will this process go if one parent is living abroad (Germany).

The parents are still married but do not live together. I live with my mom, she is in UK.

I have my dad's financial information, proof of address in his name, and contract of employment. I cannot prove that they do not live together though. Unless dad's proof of address is enough.

What kind of evidence will they ask for?

Hi there, If your father lives overseas he would need to complete the PFF2 form and upload this online in support of your application. He would also need to send evidence of his income for the tax year 21/22 for the team to review. The evidence we can accept is:

- Letter from your employer (confirming salary for the tax year)
- Accountant's letter
- Self Assessment / P60 (or country equivalent)
- Week 53 Payslip
- Month 12 Payslip

He can find the form to complete here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending