The Student Room Group

Head start to uni

Hi,
I’m starting pharmacy at Uni of Birmingham this September and wanted a head start before I go. Everyone that I’ve spoken to or heard from says it’s content heavy on bio and chem so wanted to gain some knowledge before I go. My question is, why can’t I find any lectures PowerPoints online from UoB? Is it illegal to ask past students for their lecture PowerPoint slides so I can have a look and make notes before I go? Or is it that students don’t like to share information online because they’re gatekeeping? I’m going to UoB anyways but doesn’t hurt for me to get a head start right?
Reply 1
Did you not post the same about university of Manchester? Which uni are you going to?
Reply 2
See if you can find the faculty handbook and then from that the essential readings for each module. They can be quite detailed and show you how many seminars, lectures or tutorials you'll have for that module, how it's examined etc. And from that you could find the essential readings or books they'll be using for the modules too. Not too sure about lectures though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending