The Student Room Group

Things you wish you knew about the uni application process?

Uni students, what are some things/questions you wish you knew before applying to uni about the application process?
Original post by docboy123
Uni students, what are some things/questions you wish you knew before applying to uni about the application process?

Hello there

I would say the main thing is it's more important to show an interest in your subject, rather than having hundreds of irrelevant extra curricular activities. It is always good to show you have a good varied set of activities and hobbies, but try to link them to your subject. For example, when I was applying for a Psychology degree, I would explain what each of my extra curricular activities taught me about psychology.
Just make sure your personal statement isn't just a list of things that you have done. Really make sure you show some reflection on your experiences, and how they link to your subject of interest.

Hope this helps,
Please let me know if you have any other questions

Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

I would say that applying early is always a good idea. Having an offer also gives you the motivation to study at sixth form. Good luck with your applications.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
I would say
Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

That's completely untrue - as a rep you must be careful what you say! There is an 'equal consideration' pledge up to the Jan deadline - applying early [apaprt from those who have to] makes absolutely NO difference at all. Please edit and correct ...

Hi there,

I wish I had known more about all of the societies we have to offer so I could have joined them straight away in my first year! They were amazing and it would have been good to put on my personal statement about things I enjoyed I knew the unis offered including sports etc. But I would say make sure to link to your subject area as well so that the personal statement is relevant

I hope this helps,

Ellen
Y3 Medical Student
University of Sunderland
Digital Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending