The Student Room Group

Does student finance not require any evidence from me?

My parents logged into their accounts and both completed the financial questionnaire to support my maintenance loan application. They both receive universal credit so their income was 0. I just received a letter stating that I will get the maximum loan. I was under the impression that my parents would have to upload evidence of the amount of money they receive (e.g. a letter stating how much universal credit they get etc). Everyone else who gets the maximum appear to have been asked for evidence. Yet student finance haven't asked me or my parents for anything. It just says application complete. Have HMRC just checked their income based on the questionnaire and that's why I don't need to upload any actual documentation proving this?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Failing101
My parents logged into their accounts and both completed the financial questionnaire to support my maintenance loan application. They both receive universal credit so their income was 0. I just received a letter stating that I will get the maximum loan. I was under the impression that my parents would have to upload evidence of the amount of money they receive (e.g. a letter stating how much universal credit they get etc). Everyone else who gets the maximum appear to have been asked for evidence. Yet student finance haven't asked me or my parents for anything. It just says application complete. Have HMRC just checked their income based on the questionnaire and that's why I don't need to upload any actual documentation proving this?

Hi there,

We check your parents' income with HMRC automatically, so in most cases your parents won't need to provide any evidence at all.

So, if your application is approved there's nothing more you need to do, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending