The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is suddenly acting cold

I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it but I feel off about my relationship.

We've been dating for 2 weeks and those weeks were wonderful. We were very close friends for a while, prior to dating. He's been amazing to me, even though I was unsure about dating at first. Everything was fine on Monday night, he talked until he fell asleep on the phone. Talked about how much he loved and appreciated me and that I was his favourite person.

We're in a long distance relationship and we are both in our 20s. He always flirts with me, especially publicly in group chats with our friends. On Tuesday morning, he was flirtatious as usual. I was busy with an interview so we didn't talk much that day. In the evening when I called him, something was off. He didn't say he loved me before bed like he normally does and wasn't concerned about my well being either. He was kind of irritable. I chalked it up to being a mood but today was even worse.

I'm not sure what happened in the afternoon. I'm black and I showed him my natural hair. He's seen pictures of it before so it wasn't the first time so I'm wondering maybe it was that and he isn't attracted to me anymore.

I told him that he can tell me anything he's worried about, that I won't get upset and that I will try my best to support him and he wondered what brought it on.

Today has been about the same. He has gone back to work after a long holiday so I'm hoping its just work stress. I think I'm panicking because he won't talk to me about it and he's normally a good communicator. Like he has vented to me about loads before. So because he's acting weird and won't talk about it, I'm worried he no longer wants to be in the relationship but won't say anything so he won't hurt my feelings.

I'll be hurt but I don't want him to be unhappy. I have ocd and I'm spiraling rn. I'm not sure what to do.
Reply 1
(cont). He still messages me a lot just differently to before
Reply 2
(cont). On the brightside he's still messaging me lots.
From the way you speak I'm taking it you've never actually met? In this case, getting into a LDR and jumping to throwing the 'love' word around in 2 weeks is v likely to end in tears, too much too soon when you can't effectively reassure or support each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending