The Student Room Group

Septate hymen

Ok so i have a septate hymen I can put a tampon in without pain but while getting it out it hurts a lot i have been to a gp but they say that there is no need to remove it now and we can do something abt it after marriage if it still gives u problems I’m thinking of cutting it myself but I’m scared
Definitely don't try to cut it yourself as you could permanently hurt yourself. You could try using pads instead.
Reply 2
Original post by UchihaItachi29
Ok so i have a septate hymen I can put a tampon in without pain but while getting it out it hurts a lot i have been to a gp but they say that there is no need to remove it now and we can do something abt it after marriage if it still gives u problems I’m thinking of cutting it myself but I’m scared

Don’t cut it yourself!! Insist that your GP gets you referred to a gynaecologist. Exaggerate about the pain if you must but don’t do it yourself, even if it may tear on its own at some point. Why take the risk of getting an infection ?
Don't do it yourself. However, chances are, you will tear it during sex - I had a septate hymen and wearing tampons was super uncomfortable but it stopped being a problem as soon as I became sexually active. Pain during my first time was pretty minimal.

Not suggesting you start having sex solely because of this, of course, just trying to reassure you that it shouldn't cause too many issues in the long run!

Quick Reply

Latest