The Student Room Group

Grades below already lowered entry requirement

I appreciate this question is highly dependant on the course and uni, but in general....

If a uni advertises what was originally ABB for a course, to say, BBC in clearing, and the grades someone got was say BCC, would it be worth calling!?

Reply 1
Original post by jimmybonds007
I appreciate this question is highly dependant on the course and uni, but in general....

If a uni advertises what was originally ABB for a course, to say, BBC in clearing, and the grades someone got was say BCC, would it be worth calling!?

No.

Probably not. Depends on how much time you have to waste on an extremely long shot.

They might have an alternative course that you haven’t considered that they’ll redirect you towards if you ring.
Would it you have a high chance of an offer?, no

Would it be worth calling? If it’s a Uni that you’d love to go to then Yes, hey you never know right?

That said, before you call have a think about whether you’d struggle with the course if you did go there
(edited 8 months ago)
Ok very useful. Thank you. What about lower offer of BBC and someone gets ABD? Would they possibly consider total points even if advertised as grades and not points?
(edited 8 months ago)
Ok very useful. Thank you. What about lower offer of BBC and someone gets ABD? Would they possibly consider total points even if advertised as grades and not points?

You’d have to call and ask but one view would be that if the A was in the subject you want to study at Uni then they might be more likely to make you an offer. You can only ask and you might get a nice surprise 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending