The Student Room Group

student finance lowered significantly after reassessment.

i am a student living from home from a very low income household (<10k a year) and i received the minimum maintenance loan which caused me to become very broke especially towards the end of the academic year. last december i even contacted student finance and submitted a form they told me to complete and this got ignored. this year when i reapplied i received an entitlement letter that stated i was getting the maximum loan of 8400, i was very relieved , however the reassessment has brought my entitlement right back down to the minimum again. i’m highly stressed as i do have things to pay for aswell as uni related things and my parents are very old-school and very uneducated on technology so i have to do all of this pretty much by myself and uni life it getting quite depressing. any info that could help me would be great.
Reply 1
Original post by kyahaaliyah
i am a student living from home from a very low income household (<10k a year) and i received the minimum maintenance loan which caused me to become very broke especially towards the end of the academic year. last december i even contacted student finance and submitted a form they told me to complete and this got ignored. this year when i reapplied i received an entitlement letter that stated i was getting the maximum loan of 8400, i was very relieved , however the reassessment has brought my entitlement right back down to the minimum again. i’m highly stressed as i do have things to pay for aswell as uni related things and my parents are very old-school and very uneducated on technology so i have to do all of this pretty much by myself and uni life it getting quite depressing. any info that could help me would be great.

just to add i submitted all my mothers income information and she was emailed the day before the last entitlement letter was sent about confirming her marital status. right after receiving an email stating she did not have any further things to complete? i have only just got round to uploading the evidence but i’m unsure if that has anything to do with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending