The Student Room Group

I’ve only ever had 2-3 friends at a time. Am I the issue that I can’t maintain more?

I’ve been feeling a bit insecure about this lately because I feel like everyone I know has a “group” who they can do things with or multiple individual friends, I’m 19 and only have 2-3 friends at a given time since I started school as a child. I go through phases of really intense deep friendships with 1-2 people then we drift and I have this again with someone else. I don’t think I’ve had more than 2-3 friends at once. I shouldn’t care but I’m insecure and think it’s that I’m too deep? Or overbearing I don’t know. As much as I care about the friends I do have, it can be quite hard not having like 5 people that you’re close with especially to make plans etc etc.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by nerual16
I’ve been feeling a bit insecure about this lately because I feel like everyone I know has a “group” who they can do things with or multiple individual friends, I’m 19 and only have 2-3 friends at a given time since I started school as a child. I go through phases of really intense deep friendships with 1-2 people then we drift and I have this again with someone else. I don’t think I’ve had more than 2-3 friends at once. I shouldn’t care but I’m insecure and think it’s that I’m too deep? Or overbearing I don’t know. As much as I care about the friends I do have, it can be quite hard not having like 5 people that you’re close with especially to make plans etc etc.

I don't think it's a problem. I know plenty of people who are like you and only like to have a few close friends. I used to be like that too and I think it's totally normal.
Reply 2
Original post by nerual16

Nothing wrong with this at all. Some people just have more friends than others. Actually, some of the people who seem to have huge groups of 'friends' actually just have lots of superficial, 'party' friends - they aren't actually close to that many of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending