The Student Room Group

Student finance - other dependants of parents

Hi SFE - Is it the case that, if you have children (4 in my case inc 2 step), and the eldest is applying for student finance, the other children are not factored into the amount of maintenance loan a prospective student can receive, if you are not receiving any of the uk state benefits? Thanks.
Original post by SarahM23
Hi SFE - Is it the case that, if you have children (4 in my case inc 2 step), and the eldest is applying for student finance, the other children are not factored into the amount of maintenance loan a prospective student can receive, if you are not receiving any of the uk state benefits? Thanks.

Hi there, We take into account any dependents listed in the dependents section of the application. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We take into account any dependents listed in the dependents section of the application. Thanks, Angela

Sorry can you clarify. Dependents of the applicant or siblings within the same household?
Sorry can you clarify. Dependents of the applicant or siblings within the same household?

Hi SarahM23,

Your question is in relation to the sponsors of the application, therefore the answer provided is in relation to the sponsors dependents (students siblings).

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi SarahM23,

Your question is in relation to the sponsors of the application, therefore the answer provided is in relation to the sponsors dependents (students siblings).

Thanks, Clare

Can your confirm how proof of siblings is given? Is it just through birth certificate?

Hi Sarah,

I have replied to you on the other feed.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending