The Student Room Group

How to cope with living with toxic parents and siblings as a young Pakistani women ?!

My parents and siblings are toxic and cruel. They steal money of me and refuse to hand it back they hit and verbally abuse me. They also go to gatherings and just humiliate me there. Every time my siblings and parents fight they took it out on me. My mental health suffered badly listening to this abuse and neglect for my whole life it put me off going out and made me severely depressed
They also made me faint on more that 10 occasions which I have been to the a&e about. But obviously I couldn’t say anything because I’ll just dig my self a deeper hole. There’s no where out everyday there’s something new, more stuff to argue and complain about its never ending!!!
Original post by Pakwomenprob
My parents and siblings are toxic and cruel. They steal money of me and refuse to hand it back they hit and verbally abuse me. They also go to gatherings and just humiliate me there. Every time my siblings and parents fight they took it out on me. My mental health suffered badly listening to this abuse and neglect for my whole life it put me off going out and made me severely depressed
They also made me faint on more that 10 occasions which I have been to the a&e about. But obviously I couldn’t say anything because I’ll just dig my self a deeper hole. There’s no where out everyday there’s something new, more stuff to argue and complain about its never ending!!!

Hey,

Sorry you are going through this.

Just reaching out to you as I wanted to let you know there is support available out there that may be of use:

- Victim Support
https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/
Get in touch anytime for independent, free, and confidential advice:
Call Supportline on 08 08 16 89 111

- Refuge - Anyone, domestic violence

Hope you find this useful and please come into the Ask the Community Staff forum (ATCS) if you have any further questions.

Look after yourself.

Best wishes,
TSR Support
Move out ASAP and cut contact with them. In the meantime, set boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending