The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool or University of city London

I didn’t get into Law for University of Liverpool however, they gave me another offer for philosophy . But I have an offer from university city, London Law LLP, but I’m not sure which one I should accept. I like the diversity (I am black)of London, but I’m not sure about the prospects. HELP
Original post by favourx
I didn’t get into Law for University of Liverpool however, they gave me another offer for philosophy . But I have an offer from university city, London Law LLP, but I’m not sure which one I should accept. I like the diversity (I am black)of London, but I’m not sure about the prospects. HELP

Hi @favourx,

My advice would be think of what career you are hoping to go into the future if you know which one matches best for this. If you don't have an idea on this maybe do some research into the careers that can come from these two degrees.

Some other things to have a think about are:
Have you visited the universities if so what did you think? - If you are unable to visit prior to making a decision try and have a look at the virtual tours available how do they look, do they look like somewhere you could be for at least 3 years?
What student support is available?
Employability rates for the courses?
Bursaries or scholarships?
Module options - any of specific interest?
How are they graded? - coursework? exams? 50/50? - how do you best perform?

Try and create a pros and cons list for the both and them and try and figure out what matters most to you e.g. how close you are to your family, whether you can commute or if you have to move away etc.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Original post by favourx

Hello,

thank you for sharing and I hope today's gone okay for you?

My advice here is to focus on the course - as this is what you want to study. So do you want to study philosophy or Law?

You can say no to Liverpool.

MR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending