The Student Room Group

Calling universities that you rejected

On Results day if I do not meet my Firm, would it be a good idea to call a university that I withdraw my application for? I did not choose Leeds for Firm or Insurance, but now regret this decision. Leeds does do Clearing but it doesn’t look like they are for my course (Arabic). Has anyone done called a uni they rejected before and been successful?
I cant imagine the Uni will care, they are interested in 2 things (i) filling the course (ii) with decent candidates and sometimes (iii) overseas students who pay more

If the course you want isn't in Clearing then the course may well already be full but it can be worth calling because results day may mean a gap opens up.

If you are set on that course and that Uni then you can always take a year out
Original post by danielbn05
On Results day if I do not meet my Firm, would it be a good idea to call a university that I withdraw my application for? I did not choose Leeds for Firm or Insurance, but now regret this decision. Leeds does do Clearing but it doesn’t look like they are for my course (Arabic). Has anyone done called a uni they rejected before and been successful?

Yes you can apply through clearing to unis that you didn't choose as your firm or insurance. The courses in clearing will change around results day so keep checking. In the meantime, make sure you know what the clearing procedures are by having a read through the clearing megathread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264
Original post by danielbn05

If they were one of your original choices then you can talk to them now about whether they would accept you back through clearing if you get the results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending