The Student Room Group

Unsure about my future

I really love the idea of being a doctor. Having had a strong passion for science but also a great interest in the healthcare sector made medicine the right course for me. Though now I see the way the NHS is it just kind of feels like its a warning sign and that I'm ignoring it. It feels like I'm just going to be jumping onto a sinking ship and it does scare me.

I have wanted to do medicine and be a doctor for a long time now and it is quite sad the state the profession is in at the moment . I have my UCAT booked but have no motivation for it now. All I see is doctors telling people not to do medicine and it is extremely demotivating me and making me think to go do something else instead .

I know it is better abroad but I am unsure I would want to move hence I cannot go into thinking I'm just going to leave the country after as I know that is not true.

I would really appreciate some advice.
Reply 1
Original post by lifeofastudent05
I really love the idea of being a doctor. Having had a strong passion for science but also a great interest in the healthcare sector made medicine the right course for me. Though now I see the way the NHS is it just kind of feels like its a warning sign and that I'm ignoring it. It feels like I'm just going to be jumping onto a sinking ship and it does scare me.

I have wanted to do medicine and be a doctor for a long time now and it is quite sad the state the profession is in at the moment . I have my UCAT booked but have no motivation for it now. All I see is doctors telling people not to do medicine and it is extremely demotivating me and making me think to go do something else instead .

I know it is better abroad but I am unsure I would want to move hence I cannot go into thinking I'm just going to leave the country after as I know that is not true.

I would really appreciate some advice.

I am a doctor. Yes, the NHS ship is sinking, but we will always need doctors. If you have a passion to be a doctor, then go for it. In my opinion that is the only reason to become a doctor. Dont t do it for money, lifestyle, status or any other reason. Go for it. You will be an awesome dr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending