The Student Room Group

worried about going back to uni

I started the physician associate course and took a intermission period. I've been working as a HCA since and I love it, and I love hearing the doctors explain things to patients and am excited about becoming a PA and doing similar things to that one day and I love the content. The problem was last year I feel like the lecturers weren't nice to me because I was struggling with the course and one kept picking on me one rolled her eyes at me and I honestly had anxiety whilst I was there. It is nice of them to let me come back but I'm just worried about them being not nice to me again, where I work everyone is lovely.

Any advice, i know its basically a two year course and i want to get through it
Original post by Anonymous
I started the physician associate course and took a intermission period. I've been working as a HCA since and I love it, and I love hearing the doctors explain things to patients and am excited about becoming a PA and doing similar things to that one day and I love the content. The problem was last year I feel like the lecturers weren't nice to me because I was struggling with the course and one kept picking on me one rolled her eyes at me and I honestly had anxiety whilst I was there. It is nice of them to let me come back but I'm just worried about them being not nice to me again, where I work everyone is lovely.

Any advice, i know its basically a two year course and i want to get through it

Hi,
It can be hard going to lectures if you feel you’re not welcome or that the lecturers aren’t being professional towards you. It might be an idea to mention how you’re feeling to your course leader (or to your uni’s administration team, if your lecturer is your course leader) as they could offer help and support.

At the University of Suffolk, we have a wellbeing team who can offer counselling services. Is there something similar at your uni? They could help with the anxiety you’re experiencing, or point you in the direction of people who could. Speaking from experience, it can be hard to get back into the swing of things after a break but with support it does get better.

Do you have a Students’ Union at your uni? There could be societies or groups linked to your field, offering a good way to meet new people, share knowledge and skills, and talk about what you’ve been going through.

Hope you get on ok 😊

Amy
Official University of Suffolk Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending