The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Help!

I am still unsure what sixth form to go to because although school A has double the percentages in grade A and A* s they also have half the amount of students going to school B. Recently the amount of sixth form students at school a has halved and ofsted spoke to the students on why they think that is. There is also no percentages out on the grades of the subjects i want to take fo either schools. I go to school A which id all girls and school B is mixed. If you have any advice or questions, please let me know.
Original post by footballxmd
I am still unsure what sixth form to go to because although school A has double the percentages in grade A and A* s they also have half the amount of students going to school B. Recently the amount of sixth form students at school a has halved and ofsted spoke to the students on why they think that is. There is also no percentages out on the grades of the subjects i want to take fo either schools. I go to school A which id all girls and school B is mixed. If you have any advice or questions, please let me know.

You will probably get more time with teachers and support at a smaller school, which would probably be beneficial as A-levels are very tough
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
You will probably get more time with teachers and support at a smaller school, which would probably be beneficial as A-levels are very tough

I understand that i should not base my choice off of my social life but i honestly dont think ill have any friends at school A because i got there now and dont have many and the ones i do have are moving to school B. Should this affect my choice of do you think i should still stick with school A. Thankyou for answering!
Original post by footballxmd
I understand that i should not base my choice off of my social life but i honestly dont think ill have any friends at school A because i got there now and dont have many and the ones i do have are moving to school B. Should this affect my choice of do you think i should still stick with school A. Thankyou for answering!

Regardless of whether you stay or go, your friendship groups are likely to change. A good supportive network of friends is really beneficial throughout your A-levels, but there is no guarantee that your friendship group will stay the same if you do move to school B.
Reply 4
Thankyou for you help

Original post by flowersinmyhair
Regardless of whether you stay or go, your friendship groups are likely to change. A good supportive network of friends is really beneficial throughout your A-levels, but there is no guarantee that your friendship group will stay the same if you do move to school B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending