The Student Room Group

trying to make internet friends but feel bad when people talk to me

i want to make friends online on twitter but when people talk to me i feel like im wasting their time and feel bad about it. or i feel like theyve noticed that im a bit lonely and they force themselves to talk to me because no one else is and i just feel so guilty for making them go out of the way to talk to me :frown:
Reply 1
If it helps, this is something a lot go through, but I think the first thing that I would say is that if you keep at it, you should eventually find it easier. It's so easy to think that you're being a bother, or are unwanted, or wouldn't make a valued post (especially when you can't see those you are speaking to), but you never are - remember that. There are a lot of nasty people on social media, but you should ignore them, firstly because you know you are better than them, and secondly because there are also loads of great people. Remember too, although it's easy to leap to conclusions, people aren't going to bother replying if they have better things to do, and also when they do reply, they're probably doing it because they like what you've said - not out of pity, but of want to get to know you better! In the end, I think my overall message is that, though it's hard to push those bad thoughts away, you should never give up and always try to push them away, because you matter as much as everyone else does on such a platform.

I hope this helps in at least a small way :smile:. Best of luck wherever you go!

Edit: as I actually mentioned, some people on the internet can be rather vicious, but you shouldn't let that dissuade you. This is in response to the post below me.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jimenarojo
Nerd.

what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending