The Student Room Group

Law and Climate Justice degree QMUL

Hello. I am very interested in the Law and Climate Justice degree at Queen Mary's.
Would anyone have any experience with this degree and be able to tell me what its like, quality etc? Or is it only starting in the next cohort for 2024/2025? I cant' find much about it online.

Also, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for any good similar degrees, say human rights law or law with x?

Thank you :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Looks like the standard llb I did but with some of the optional modules of a standard llb made compulsory.
I’d check if you can pick those ones as options if you do a standard llb as that’s more flexible.
You can glue yourself to a highway for extra credit :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Catherine1973
Looks like the standard llb I did but with some of the optional modules of a standard llb made compulsory.
I’d check if you can pick those ones as options if you do a standard llb as that’s more flexible.

Ah okay thank you. I think i like this one more because those optional modules take up more of the course, as well as law in general being studied through that prism. Thanks for the reply
I think though all the standard llb modules (tort, equity, criminal, contract, eu, public and land) you’ll be doing that with everyone else.

So you could in fact do a standard llb and pick the optional climate modules (though maybe some are restricted or have caps). Then you’d be more flexible if you changed your mind by year 3 and wanted to focus on say family law.

Also, career wise, and longer term, I think a standard llb may raise less questions on a cv. It’s an interesting degree, I just think you could do those modules without committing yourself to the one path.

I imagine you could probably swap after a year to normal llb so check that anyway.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending