The Student Room Group

Minimum maintenance loan/ SFE

Hi. So I was confused with the process. I was told in July by letter I was receiving the basic maintenance loan of £3698. But apparently in order to get a higher loan you need to complete a pff2. So I’m currently doing a pff2 for a higher loan with my mother. But is there a process you are supposed to do before that? I don’t want to make any mistakes as I was told by gov uk to do a pff2. After this do I need to post more evidence? How long is the process? And after my first basic payments in September, if I get the loan do I get the full payment? In need of help please
Original post by Artic_Bear345
Hi. So I was confused with the process. I was told in July by letter I was receiving the basic maintenance loan of £3698. But apparently in order to get a higher loan you need to complete a pff2. So I’m currently doing a pff2 for a higher loan with my mother. But is there a process you are supposed to do before that? I don’t want to make any mistakes as I was told by gov uk to do a pff2. After this do I need to post more evidence? How long is the process? And after my first basic payments in September, if I get the loan do I get the full payment? In need of help please

Hi there, When you applied did you select on your application that you wanted to be income assessed? If not there is a form that you would also need to complete. The current expected timescale to allow for the form to be processed once received is 31 working days. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, When you applied did you select on your application that you wanted to be income assessed? If not there is a form that you would also need to complete. The current expected timescale to allow for the form to be processed once received is 31 working days. Thanks, Angela

Hi. Thank you for responding. I thought the PFF2 was the income assessment since it was the form to check my parent's HMRC for extra loan. So am I meant to complete two? and what application is the income assessment form and do I post it online or post?
Hi. Thank you for responding. I thought the PFF2 was the income assessment since it was the form to check my parent's HMRC for extra loan. So am I meant to complete two? and what application is the income assessment form and do I post it online or post?

Hi there, As long as you requested to be income assessed when you first applied and we awarded the lower amount of funding as parents details were outstanding there is nothing further you need to do. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4

Oh so am I supposed to also complete the CYI form? Im honestly so confused because I thought pff2 was enough. Also I sent pff2 twice online since the first one I forgot to complete the section 6 dependancy. Will this make it difficult for SFE?
Reply 5
Hi there, As long as you requested to be income assessed when you first applied and we awarded the lower amount of funding as parents details were outstanding there is nothing further you need to do. Thanks, Angela

Hi.I didn't ask for income assessment in July since I left it last minute until I decided to apply in September for more funding because I did not know what a PFF2 form was until a week ago... Its such a confusing process. Is pff2 considered income assessment?
Oh so am I supposed to also complete the CYI form? Im honestly so confused because I thought pff2 was enough. Also I sent pff2 twice online since the first one I forgot to complete the section 6 dependancy. Will this make it difficult for SFE?

Hi there, Has the household income decreased in the current tax year by at least 15% than it was in the tax year required on the PFF2 form? Thanks, Angela
Reply 7
Hi there, Has the household income decreased in the current tax year by at least 15% than it was in the tax year required on the PFF2 form? Thanks, Angela

Thank you Angela for responding. No my household income from what I am aware has not decreased. My mother is single so shes the only income. However, can SFE check from her national insurance number when reviewing the pff2 that it has decreased? If it has then what will happen? Also if I sent two pff2 forms on the same day because of an error will it make it difficult to SFE? Thank you and sorry for the questions. Im an overthinker
Reply 8

My mom earns low enough that she doesnt pay tax. I think less than £10,000 a year and it stayed the same.
My mom earns low enough that she doesnt pay tax. I think less than £10,000 a year and it stayed the same.

Hi there, We would not need the CYI form to be provided in this case. If you would like to check for piece of mind we can look into your account further. Please contact us direct, you can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Hi there, We would not need the CYI form to be provided in this case. If you would like to check for piece of mind we can look into your account further. Please contact us direct, you can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Thank you so much Angela. Just one more question, do you get higher maintenance loan from completing a PFF2? I didn't and thats why I got the basic of £3698. There also unfortunately no option in my sfe account for live chat service which is strange. Thanks again for being so helpful.
Thank you so much Angela. Just one more question, do you get higher maintenance loan from completing a PFF2? I didn't and thats why I got the basic of £3698. There also unfortunately no option in my sfe account for live chat service which is strange. Thanks again for being so helpful.

Hi there, Yes, if you are under 25 we advise to provide household income of parents to assess you for the higher amount of funding. Sorry to hear no option is currently showing, you can call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela
Hi there, Yes, if you are under 25 we advise to provide household income of parents to assess you for the higher amount of funding. Sorry to hear no option is currently showing, you can call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

Hi so a PFF2 is considered a household income assessment? and finally there is a chat option which is great! thank you
Hi so a PFF2 is considered a household income assessment? and finally there is a chat option which is great! thank you

Hi there, Yes, the PFF2 form is what is used for household income. That is great, please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. Thanks, Angela
Hi there, Yes, the PFF2 form is what is used for household income. That is great, please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. Thanks, Angela

Thank you have a great day
Thank you have a great day

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending