The Student Room Group

School buzzword and predicted grades?

I am not putting in my school's buzzword because I don't want my application to go through them (my counselor is not good). Should I put in my predicted grades myself then? Obviously, I have been issued a document by the school about this, so if I just enter them into my educational qualifications section, will it be fine?
Original post by skedaddle~
I am not putting in my school's buzzword because I don't want my application to go through them (my counselor is not good). Should I put in my predicted grades myself then? Obviously, I have been issued a document by the school about this, so if I just enter them into my educational qualifications section, will it be fine?

If you are not linking your application to your school, then who will be providing your academic reference? Whoever is providing your academic reference will need to input your predicted grades; you cannot do that yourself.
Original post by DataVenia
If you are not linking your application to your school, then who will be providing your academic reference? Whoever is providing your academic reference will need to input your predicted grades; you cannot do that yourself.

There are fields for referee name, e-mail and whatnot, so I just thought it would work normally without the buzzword. Like, they'll send an e-mail to the referee who will then send them the rec letter.
There are fields for referee name, e-mail and whatnot, so I just thought it would work normally without the buzzword. Like, they'll send an e-mail to the referee who will then send them the rec letter.

The send the letter from your school which contains your predicted grades to your referee. Enter the grades as "pending" yourself. When you submit your application, your referee will be notified. They'll add their academic reference and will change the pending grades to predicteds, based upon the information in the letter from your school.

Students can't predict their own grades. They're not trusted. I've no idea why. :rolleyes:

Edit: Corrected "can" to "can't". :colondollar:
(edited 7 months ago)
The send the letter from your school which contains your predicted grades to your referee. Enter the grades as "pending" yourself. When you submit your application, your referee will be notified. They'll add their academic reference and will change the pending grades to predicteds, based upon the information in the letter from your school.

Students can predict their own grades. They're not trusted. I've no idea why. :rolleyes:

Uh-oh :wink:

Students can predict their own grades. They're not trusted. I've no idea why. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have entered the grades as pending and written it in the description at the top as well. That's fine, right?
Yes, I have entered the grades as pending and written it in the description at the top as well. That's fine, right?

Yes, whoever you nominate as ref will be prompted to provide them for anything down as pending.
Original post by Admit-One
Uh-oh :wink:

Good spot. Thanks @Admit-One. Now corrected.
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, whoever you nominate as ref will be prompted to provide them for anything down as pending.

Alright, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending