The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Uni Portfolio?

hiya, one of the unis I'm about to apply to is York uni for interactive media BSc and on the UCAS website on the application page it says 'there may be an assessment, you may be required to attend an interview or audition or provide a portfolio, essay or other piece of work to help the course tutor decide if your suitable for this course'. has anyone taken this course? if so what did you have to do and what did u put in your portfolio.
thx xx
Original post by izzybuzz
hiya, one of the unis I'm about to apply to is York uni for interactive media BSc and on the UCAS website on the application page it says 'there may be an assessment, you may be required to attend an interview or audition or provide a portfolio, essay or other piece of work to help the course tutor decide if your suitable for this course'. has anyone taken this course? if so what did you have to do and what did u put in your portfolio.
thx xx

Hi!

I've asked the department to clarify the application requirements and this was their response:

We typically ask students to attend an interview that includes a 10 minute presentation on an interactive media project they have done in the past, or something they would like to work on in the future. We are looking for students who are interested in designing and making interactive media, not just critiquing or analysing media. We don’t expect students to have prior experience. Students who are completely new to the area often present ideas for games, apps, or interactive art they would like to make once they have the skills, rather than a portfolio of existing work.

The department also mentioned that they haven't confirmed whether they will conduct interviews this year and if they don't interview, they will look at the UCAS personal statement for evidence of interest in design and technical skills (programming, 3D modelling etc).

I hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi!

I've asked the department to clarify the application requirements and this was their response:

We typically ask students to attend an interview that includes a 10 minute presentation on an interactive media project they have done in the past, or something they would like to work on in the future. We are looking for students who are interested in designing and making interactive media, not just critiquing or analysing media. We don’t expect students to have prior experience. Students who are completely new to the area often present ideas for games, apps, or interactive art they would like to make once they have the skills, rather than a portfolio of existing work.

The department also mentioned that they haven't confirmed whether they will conduct interviews this year and if they don't interview, they will look at the UCAS personal statement for evidence of interest in design and technical skills (programming, 3D modelling etc).

I hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:

Thank you! this has been very helpful! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending