The Student Room Group

Applying with achieved grades

Im on a gap year right now, so when i apply to uni this year, can i apply to courses 1 grade above what i achieved or is that completely out of question now?
for example applying to an A*A*A course with achieved A*AA? also given i meet the subject requirements aswell
Original post by Hiim
Im on a gap year right now, so when i apply to uni this year, can i apply to courses 1 grade above what i achieved or is that completely out of question now?
for example applying to an A*A*A course with achieved A*AA? also given i meet the subject requirements aswell

Any university asking for A*A*A is likely to have more than enough students who will achieve those grades without taking others who dont have them. It is highly likely you will be rejected but there is nothing to stop you applying as it is only 1 out of 5 universities. Universities requiring A*A*A tend to be places like Oxbridge and Imperial who are massively over subscribed
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Any university asking for A*A*A is likely to have more than enough students who will achieve those grades without taking others who dont have them. It is highly likely you will be rejected but there is nothing to stop you applying as it is only 1 out of 5 universities. Universities requiring A*A*A tend to be places like Oxbridge and Imperial who are massively over subscribed

Yeah I get you. I was thinking of applying to Warwick’s discrete mathematics course which requires A*A*A. The rest of my choices are at the same level as my achieved.
Reply 3
Did you sit the MAT? If not then I’d suggest doing that and it may result in a higher chance of acceptance if you achieve a good mark in that…
Hi there,

Even if your grades don't meet the criteria, whether you might be accepted will depend on the course you wish to study and its popularity. Thus depending on how many applicants there are.

I would advise to try reaching out to Warwick students and hear if anyone was in a similar situation as you.

Let us know!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Reply 5
Original post by hrr1
Did you sit the MAT? If not then I’d suggest doing that and it may result in a higher chance of acceptance if you achieve a good mark in that…

Sitting the TMUA next month :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by LSBU Student Rep
Even if your grades don't meet the criteria, whether you might be accepted will depend on the course you wish to study and its popularity.

Several of the responses above are from people who work in Admissions.
Try reading those comments before you reply with generalised wittering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending